From today onwards, Facebook has opened up the doors for famous Facebook users to use pseudonyms, where these will be displayed in parenthesis right next to their actual moniker. Of course, being famous does not mean you need to be a worldwide celebrity, but rather, as long as you have many subscribers, then Facebook will come “knocking” on your account’s door, requesting you to verify your identity with a government-issued photo ID. Those who do so will be on the receiving end of a higher priority in Facebook’s “People to Subscribe to” suggestions box. I guess this small improvement would help Facebook in maintaining their rather sizeable lead over its rivals in the social network niche – what with up-and-coming players like Pinterest also ramping up their user base. If you were famous enough in Facebook’s eyes to carry a pseudonym, what would you go with?
Next Story: Adobe Revel Importer now on Android
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App