Xbox owners are without doubt looking forward to Halo 4, and thanks to a magazine in Finland, it seems that we can expect to see an announcement from Microsoft later this month where Halo 4 is rumored to be officially unveiled at a Spring Showcase event. The game was previously teased at E3 2011, and for those unfamiliar, unlike the previous Halo games in franchise which was developed by Bungie, Halo 4 will be the first Halo game in the series to be made by 343 Industries.
While a teaser video of what we can expect is all we have to go on, according to 343 Industries, their plan for Halo 4 is to take it “back to what made Halo 3 amazing”. The game is expected to see a release some time this year, but the finer details such as a release date, price, game features and etc are still lacking. Will this rumor play out, or is it simply wishful thinking? Either way we’ve got the rest of the month to wait and see if it pans out, but in the mean time we suggest you take this rumor with a grain of salt while you watch/re-watch the E3 2011 teaser video above.
- 2013-08-27: Halo 4 Game Of The Year Edition Arrives This October
- 2013-07-08: Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC Adds New Maps, Armor, Weapons On Aug. 20
- 2013-03-11: Halo 4 Castle Map Pack Adds 3 New Maps, 6v6 Playlist On April 8
- 2013-02-18: Halo 4 Majestic Map Pack Leaked
- 2013-02-07: Conan O'Brien's Halo 4 Review Results In Cortana Lust, Controller Licking
- 2013-01-18: Halo 4 Spartan Ops Season One Returns With Weekly Updates Starting January 21
- 2012-06-04: Microsoft shows off Halo 4, game set for November 6th release
- 2012-05-16: Halo 4 Puzzle Solved; Box Art Revealed
- 2012-03-05: Halo 4: In-game footage leaked online, looks pretty good