A couple of days ago, we reported that according to rumors, LG could be the next manufacturer of the Google’s fourth Nexus device. Not looking to go down without a fight is none other than HTC, the first manufacturer who helped make the Nexus One, the first ever Google Nexus device. This was confirmed by HTC’s Jeff Gordon who revealed that Google had still not yet chosen a hardware partner yet.
For those who aren’t familiar with the Nexus process, manufacturers will have to submit their proposals to Google, who will then make the final decision as to who gets the honor of producing the next Nexus Android phone. HTC was the first manufacturer with the Nexus One, which was then followed up by Samsung who created the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus subsequently.
However given how quad-core seems to be the buzzword this season, and considering how HTC has won two awards at MWC for the HTC One X, a Nexus device by the Taiwanese company might not be such a bad idea after all.RELATED
- Samsung Galaxy J Possibly Teased In Video
- Google News For Android And iOS Gets A Makeover
- Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Gets Certified To Go On Sale In China
- Samsung Argues That Without High Subsidies, Their Global Business Would Suffer
- Low-end Nokia Lumia Device With 4.5-inch Display Sighted
- Follow: Android, Google, HTC, nexus,
- Seen at: phandroid