We know that Sprint has plans to launch an LTE network of their own, which would make them the third major carrier out of the four to finally offer 4G LTE connectivity, but what’s the point in having an LTE network if you do not offer your customers compatible phones, right? Well if you’re a Sprint subscriber looking forward to getting your hands on Sprint’s first LTE handset, the HTC Jewel might be the device you are looking for.
PocketNow has learnt from a source that the HTC Jewel will be the first LTE capable phone from Sprint, although at the moment the HTC Jewel is a codename for one of HTC’s newly launched One series of Android handsets. This is rather broad given how the One series contains the One X, the One S and the One V. However based on the information given, it seems that the HTC Jewel will be large screen device with a high-definition display, all of which points towards the One X.
However according to reports, the One X is supposedly headed for AT&T and will be exclusive to the carrier, which means that we could be looking at a variant of the HTC One X. Either way we will be keeping our eyes and ears open for more news on the alleged HTC Jewel, so stay tuned for updates!
Next Story: BiKN smart case for your iPhone
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2013-04-30: AT&T 4G LTE Switched On In 20 New Markets
- 2013-02-18: Sprint’s 4G LTE Network Available For San Francisco
- 2012-09-20: Sprint hits 1 million 4G LTE devices sold
- 2012-04-17: Upcoming Sprint 4G LTE markets revealed in leaked intel
- 2010-04-16: Verizon To Roll Out 4G In Fall 2010