Heads up HTC Sensation owners, we know that if you’re living in Europe, there is a good chance that you will be receiving the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ahead of everyone else. However for those who might have missed that opportunity or simply can’t wait for the official update, the good news is that your device will be receiving an Android 4.0 port, courtesy of the HTC Endeavor/One X.
Oddly enough despite the HTC Endeavor/One X not yet being officially announced or confirmed, the hardworking Android developer community have managed to take the leaked RUU and port it over onto the HTC Sensation, which we’re guessing is port method that some of you guys might prefer as opposed to other Android 4.0 ROMs, such as CyanogenMod 9.
So far it looks like the major functions are up and running, like mobile network, data, SMS, WiFi, sound, HWA, and GPS, so if you wanted to run this port as your daily driver, we don’t foresee any problems. However if you want more from your HTC Sensation, such as Bluetooth connectivity, video playback, YouTube and camera functionality, you’d be out of luck. For more information or to download the port, head on over to the RootzWiki forums.
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2012-04-29: HTC One X gets Cyanogenmod 9
- 2012-03-30: HTC One X unboxed
- 2012-03-29: HTC One X and One V to start shipping on April 2nd?
- 2012-03-28: HTC One X to be renamed HTC EVO ONE on Sprint?
- 2012-03-23: HTC One X takes stunning photographs