It looks like HTC is going with a new naming format for some of its upcoming phones. Earlier we reported that the quad-core HTC Endeavor would be renamed as the HTC One X when it goes on sale, and now there are reports online about another HTC phone given a similar name. The phone that has leaked in the past as the HTC Ville is said to be launched as the HTC One S at MWC 2012 this year.
Other than the name change, the phone will remain the same: a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, a 4.3″ qHD display, 8-megapixel camera, integrated Beats Audio, Android Ice Cream Sandwich and HTC Sense 4.0. As to whether or not these names are going to be official, we’ll just have to wait and see.
What do you think of the names One X and One S? I’m more of a fan of HTC’s previous naming scheme where it came up with different names instead of sticking with one and changing the alphabet behind it. But as long as they keep pumping out quality phones, the names don’t really matter that much.
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2013-07-17: HTC One S "Ville" Might Get Android 4.2.2 Update
- 2013-07-02: HTC One S Won't Get Any More Android Updates
- 2013-04-25: T-Mobile’s HTC One S Gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update At Last
- 2013-02-19: T-Mobile HTC One S Gets Tiny Security Enhancement Update
- 2012-06-26: SIM unlock your HTC One S without forking out a cent