The Nintendo Wii has definitely been showing its age for quite some time already, but that does not mean it should be chucked away into a corner, somewhere, to gather dust after all these years of service. Hulu thinks the same way as well, having announced the Hulu Plus for the Nintendo Wii. This partnership with Japan’s console game manufacturer and video game studio extraordinary will see current season TV shows being delivered straight into your living room – on demand, too. Nintendo Wii owners in the US can now download the Hulu Plus app from the Wii Shop Channel, and get started on a totally new entertainment experience right away. The entire Hulu Plus interface on the Wii has been optimized, making it far easier to point and click using the Wii Remote. Monthly subscriptions start at $7.99, so go on – there should be a good movie or series to watch once you’ve exhausted your current month’s supply of games.
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-03: Hulu Plus On Amazon Fire TV
- 2014-04-02: Hulu Looks To Cash In On The Binge Watching Frenzy
- 2014-02-27: Hulu Sells Off Japan Operations
- 2014-02-04: Wii U Will Not Be Able To Replicate Wii's Success, Admits Nintendo
- 2013-10-25: US The Last Bastion For The Nintendo Wii As Europe Folds
- 2013-10-23: Nintendo Wii Discontinuation In Japan Won't Affect Console's Availability In U.S.
- 2013-10-20: Nintendo Wii Discontinued In Japan
- 2013-10-01: Nintendo Wii Production In Japan To Cease Soon