The US Army is definitely the place to be if you are interested in seeing future forward technology in action – today. After over four years of painstaking work and research, the design as well as some specifications for the US Army’s hybrid-electric tank has been unveiled, and it does look rather handsome, don’t you think so? I know, tanks are supposed to roll over just about anything and everything, but their appetite for fuel is legendary, and when compared to a Hummer, the Hummer might seem like a Prius. BAE Systems, the company behind this hybrid tank, claims that this symbol of land power can be as much as 20% more fuel-efficient compared to conventional diesel-powered tanks, and will also have the upper hand in terms of speed. With 70 tons of weight to lug around, the tank can hold a crew of one dozen. I do wonder what kind of batteries are required to move such a beast, and how long can its power reserves last?
Next Story: Tango hits 40 million users milestone
- 2014-02-12: TrackingPoint Offers U.S. Army Smart Rifle Technology
- 2013-12-01: Priora Hopes To See Maveric Drone In Action For The US Army
- 2013-09-10: Squids Could Inspire New Camouflage Clothing For Soldiers
- 2013-02-18: Robot Octopus Developed By Army
- 2012-10-01: US Army looks to seizure weapon inspired by Pokemon