Acer originally promised to introduce the Iconia Tab A200 tablet with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich preloaded to the masses when the device first launched, but somehow that did not happen, and it was just recently that Iconia Tab A200 owners were on the receiving end of the Ice Cream Sandwich update. Ah well, I would go so far as to say that this is better late than never. As for the A200′s bigger sibling, the A500, well, Acer has dropped the ball that Ice Cream Sandwich for this particular tablet will be released only when April rolls around. Not only that, this particular announcement came about from Acer’s Australian and New Zealand’s branch Twitter account, making us wonder whether folks living outside of those two countries will also receive Ice Cream Sandwich when the jester strikes in April. On the bright side, at least you know that the Iconia Tab A500 will be getting Ice Cream Sandwich – it is just a matter of ‘when’.
Next Story: Nasdaq and BATS websites hacked in past 24 hours
- 2012-11-16: Acer Iconia Tab A500 gets Android 4.2 Jelly Bean AOSP port
- 2012-02-15: Iconia Tab A500 to get Ice Cream Sandwich in April 2012
- 2011-07-05: Acer releases Android 3.1 for tablets in Germany
- 2011-06-10: Gateway TP-A60W arrives at the FCC, is rebranded Iconia Tab A500
- 2011-04-29: Acer Iconia Tab A500 remote control and docking station
- 2011-04-08: Acer Iconia Tab A500 arrives officially in the US