We did talk about how iOS 5.1 does Siri in Japanese before, although that was not official. Well, it seems that there is further confirmation of such whispers, where screenshots of the iOS 5.1 pointed to the revelation of Japanese language support in Siri. Sure, the particular screenshot that you see on top hails from a Portuguese iPhone, but that does not mean it is any less legit. Another interesting point of iOS 5.1 would be the ability to access the camera straight from the lockscreen – all you need to do is swipe upwards on the camera icon, and the Camera app will load right away without requiring you to take the extra step and access the camera only after unlocking your phone. Definitely appealing to those who want to capture that not-to-miss shot. Of course, Android owners have already been able to unlock the phone and access apps simultaneously for some time already, so this is old hat to them.
Next Story: Mattel does iPad games with figurines
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2011-12-05 H1Siri is illegal and might break your iPhone
- 2011-11-10 The voice behind UK English Siri speaks up
- 2011-11-09 Apple confirms that Siri is not arriving on older iOS devices
- 2011-11-07 Siri for iPhone 4: under review at Apple?
- 2011-10-30 Siri fully-functional on the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch