Operator profiles are not exactly the kind of documents that you would dive into even when you have run out of sites to visit on the Internet, and are the perfect material to read if you have difficulty in sleeping. However, thanks to at least one brave soul who decided to give it a go, it was discovered that Apple actually published another 11 new profiles for different iPhone operators, where such files will play nice with iOS 5.1 and are tipped for a March 9 release. This might have just given the game away that iOS 5.1 will be rolled out then, and will apply to the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 3G/4G, iPad, and iPad 2.
The profiles were meant for iPhone operators in Japan, France, Greece, Finland, and Sweden, and the entire exercise of updating the profile on the iPhone is to ensure the network connection will function correctly after Apple opens its doors to let iOS 5.1 out. Normally, such iOS updates are released simultaneously worldwide, so you might want to mark March 9 on your calendars if you are toting a compatible device. Do you think the next generation iPad (currently known as the iPad 3) will also be released on the same date?RELATED
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Signs iPhone Deal With China Mobile
- Apple Believes They Changed The Definition Of "App"
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- Follow: Apple Inc, iOS,
- Seen at: yourdailymac.net