According to leaked shipping manifests, it seems that Apple’s next generation iPad is expected to start shipping to the US no later than the 9th of March, which means that the previously rumored 7th of March launch date could very well turn out to be true. The orders are originating from Chengdu, China and is said to be under high security which we can’t say that we’re too surprised to hear, especially if it really is the iPad 3.
While there was no specific mention of the iPad 3 in the shipping documents, a source from Foxconn’s Chengdu plant revealed that the shipment is for “Apple’s latest products”, which given the time frame we are in now, is most likely referring to the iPad 3. If this is indeed true, then the 7th of March is certainly a date to look forward to, but until an official announcement has been made, we will be taking this information with a grain of salt for now.
Next Story: ZTE Era quad-core Android handset announced
- 2013-04-23: Refurbished iPad 2 And iPad 3 Prices Slashed By Apple
- 2012-11-05: iPad mini, Nexus 7 and iPad 3 face-off in drop test and water dunk video
- 2012-10-30: The New iPad 3 Is Way Faster Than The Old iPad 3
- 2012-10-22: Don't buy an iPad 3 today unless you like the old 30-pin connector
- 2012-03-19: iPad 3 Review