We’ve come across pretty interesting pocket watches before, but to be honest, while the iPod nano has seen many watch strap casings, we’ve never really imagined it being made into a pocket watch before. Well if that idea sounds pretty good to you, you might be interested in taking a look at the iPocketWatch.
The project is started by Edwin Conan and he is currently seeking funding to make it a reality through Pozible, a Kickstarter-like crowdfunding website. According to his description:
“Last year Apple updated the iPod Nano 6th generation with additional watch faces in its watch function. One of which is the classic roman numerals. Such a classic watch face needs a classic watch case to match and celebrate, and the most classic watch of all time is, of course, the pocket watch. The idea of turning the iPod Nano into a multi-touch, multi-function, high tech, modern day pocket watch was born.
The classic men’s watch will always be the pocket watch. While everyone else wears the iPod Nano as a wrist watch, why not bring a bit of yesterday to your style and distinguish yourself from the rest of the world by fashioning this admirable iPW (iPocketWatch)?”
It is a pretty interesting idea, although admittedly the large screws kind of detract from the overall look. However if you think that this project deserves to be made, head on over to Pozible where a minimum pledge of AUD$39 will net you the iPocketWatch upon its release. So, any takers?
- 2013-07-01 iOS 7 Concept Imagines The 6th Generation iPod Nano Running It
- 2012-10-17 iFixit gives Apple's new iPod nano the teardown treatment, gives it a 5/10 for repairability
- 2012-09-12 New iPod nano unveiled with larger display and Lightning connector
- 2012-08-27 Next-gen iPod nano rumored to feature WiFi connectivity along with iTunes Music Cloud support
- 2012-07-24 Apple reportedly planning new iPod touch and nanos for September