So we’ve seen our fair share of iOS docks, but rarely have we come across a dock that has been purposely designed to double up as a piece of furniture, and such is the case with the recently announced JVC NX-BX3 Nightstand dock.
The JVC NX-BX3 features a dock that works with both the iPhone and iPod, but unfortunately there’s no mention of whether it will be iPad compatible. It will sport a 60 watt amp, a pair of 8cm and 30cm speakers along with an FM radio for those who might prefer tuning in to the radio from time to time.
As far as its ability to double up as a nightstand goes, the JVC NX-BX3 will sport a glass top for you to place your reading glasses or books on, and will have its top cabinet made from wood with a choice of color in a black or white finish. The JVC N-BX3 measures 500mm x 300mm x 110mm and will weigh a hefty 20kg.
At the moment it would appear as though the JVC NX-BX3 is available only in Japan, and no word if JVC has plans to bring it over stateside or into international markets, but for the curious, you can expect to fork out ¥40,000 (~$525) for the JVC NX-BX3 Nightstand dock. [Product page]RELATED
- Apple TV Can Now Use An iOS 7 Device For Stress-Free Setup
- Twitter Music iOS App Currently Available For 'Influencers'
- Apple EarPods Hit With Lawsuit From Hearing Aid Maker
- Braeburn's acoustic iPhone 5 dock amps your phone's sound naturally
- Google Brings Its Free Siri Competitor to the iPhone
- Follow: iPhone, ipod, jvc,
- Seen at: geeky-gadgets