Sony CEO, a Welsh-born American known as Mr. Stringer, will step down from his position on April 1, where he will be replaced by vice president Kazuo Hirai. Mr. Stringer holds the distinction of being the first foreigner to lead Sony at the top back in 2005, but it seems that their partnership will no longer be viable on April Fool’s day, where Mr. Hirai will take over, considering how he has been groomed to take over as CEO after he was promoted to the position of head of consumer products and services in March last year.
Mr. Hirai mentioned, “As challenging as times are for Sony now, were it not for the strong leadership of Sir Howard Stringer these past seven years, we would have been in a much more difficult position.” Do you think Kaz Hirai, as he is better known in news channels, will be able to lead Sony to greater heights? They do need to get themselves out of the doldrums at the moment though, so all the best to Sony, and may your future products be as innovative and game changing as they used to be in your glory days.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)