While it’s fair to say that most of the high-end Android smartphones have made their way to various parts of the world, there are some quirky and interestingly designed Android smartphones that have been exclusive to Japan all this while. Adding to that list will be KDDI’s INFOBAR C01, the latest addition to the carrier’s designer INFOBAR series of Android smartphones.
The KDDI INFOBAR C01 sports a candybar form factor and a keypad with alternating colors. The device will be running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and will feature a custom UI on top which is a tiled-interface, similar to that of the KDDI INFOBAR A01 that was released last year.
As far its hardware is concerned, the device will run on a 1.4GHz dual-core Qualcomm MSM8655 processor, feature world phone capabilities with dual GSM/CDMA connectivity, an 8MP rear-facing camera capable of HD video capture, and like most phones in Japan, the INFOBAR C01 will sport a 1Seg TV tuner. It is expected to land in Japan come 3rd February.
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2012-01-23: KDDI pushes ads onto Android devices
- 2011-11-22: Square Enix Market to launch in Japan
- 2011-09-26: Kyocera Digno ISW11K headed to KDDI
- 2011-07-18: KDDI mind-reading app tells you how stressed out you are
- 2010-10-18: Samsung Introduces Its SMT-i9100 Android Tablet For KDDI Japan