[MWC 2012] Earlier we reported on the announcement of the Orange Santa Clara – an Intel-powered Android phone that will be released in the UK and France. In addition to the Santa Clara, Intel will also be releasing another smartphone, this time with the help of Lava – one of India’s fastest growing mobile handset companies. Called the XOLO X900, we managed to get some hands on footage of the device in action today.
The phone is pretty much identical to the Santa Clara, so you can expect: a 1.6GHz Intel Atom processor Z2460, a 4″ display, HSPA+ connectivity, 8-megapixel rear camera, NFC, HDMI output, WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS. No word on pricing but the phone should be available in India early Q2 2012. Check out the video demonstration above.
Next Story: Spiral concept watch is confusing, but unique
- 2014-04-13: Intel Education Rugged Tablet Targets Students
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-06: Intel Sharks Cove Windows-Compatible Dev Board Not The Last
- 2014-04-02: Intel To Offer Exclusive Content On Devices Powered By Their Chips
- 2014-04-01: Intel $99 MinnowBoard Max Unveiled
- 2012-12-10: Intel-powered "Red Ridge" tablet spotted in FCC filing
- 2012-09-27: Chrome for Android makes its way onto Intel x86 powered Android devices
- 2012-02-28: Orange Santa Clara Smartphone with Intel Hands On
- 2012-02-27: Intel announces Lava XOLO X900 Android smartphone for India
- 2012-02-27: Orange Santa Clara announced with Intel's Medfield platform