Played the Mass Effect 3 demo that was released earlier this week and can’t wait to get your hands on the full game? Well, EA is going to give some lucky people the chance to get a copy of Mass Effect 3 before it is released in stores. EA will be launching copies of the game into space with weather balloons that will be released in New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Berlin, London and Paris – all the way into space and giving eager gamers a chance to pick up the games when they come hurtling back to earth.
Each game has a GPS tracking device onboard and can be tracked with the Mass Effect website so that gamers can pick up and play the game a full week before it hits the stores. There was no mention of which platform the spacebound copies of the game but even if you pick up a version that’s not for your gaming system, I’m pretty sure you’ll have no trouble selling it. We wouldn’t be surprised if EA includes bonus or special content to these copies of the game as well.
Any of you planning to track this game down next week?
Next Story: Samsung unveils new microSD and SD memory cards
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-30: EA Origin Service To Go 100% Digital From April Onwards
- 2014-03-19: EA Reportedly Secures Publishing Rights For Titanfall 2 [Rumor]
- 2013-03-04: Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC Highlighted In New Trailer
- 2013-02-21: Mass Effect 3 Receiving Two New DLC Packs On Feb. 26, Mar. 5
- 2012-04-06: Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Pack coming this April 10
- 2012-03-06: Calibur11 Mass Effect 3 Vault available today
- 2012-02-21: Mass Effect 3: Space Edition, more details released