Great news Minecraft players on mobile devices, the long-awaited Survival mode for the game is finally here! Mojang has just pushed out a new update for Minecraft – Pocket Edition that introduces a host of brand new features, bringing it one step closer to the desktop version of the game. The most notable addition is Survival mode that introduces other sheep and zombies into the game. Users now get to hunt for food and flee or fight zombies in the game instead of just building structures aimlessly, expect more creatures to be introduced in the future.
Other new features include: tons of new blocks, flying in Creative mode, day and night in Survival mode (monsters come at night), the ability to gather resources from nature, and tools for different purposes (digging, attacking, shearing). Minecraft just got a lot more exciting. The update is currently available for Android devices, while the iOS version is awaiting App Store approval. Download it out on the Android Market now (free if you’ve previously bought the game).
Next Story: Spray-on antenna can get rid of ugly cell towers
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-07: The Simpsons Couch Gag Gets A Minecraft Theme
- 2014-04-04: Minecraft For Xbox 360 Crosses The 12 Million Copies Sold Mark
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-28: Minecraft Creator States Minecraft For Oculus Rift Would Have Been Free
- 2014-01-16: Apple And Google Remove Plastic Surgery Game From Their App Stores
- 2014-01-15: News Republic 4.0 Features Smart Recommendations
- 2013-11-26: Assassin's Creed Pirates Headed Onto iOS And Android December 5th
- 2013-10-31: Angry Birds Developer Releases Match-3 Puzzle Game On iOS, Android
- 2013-10-30: Double Dragon Trilogy To Make Its Way Onto iOS And Android