Here is something interesting for you if sending and receiving money over the Internet is your cup of tea – Serve attempts to make it a snap for you to send, receive and request money for Facebook. This new app from Serve remains the only application on Facebook to do so, taking just but a few clicks to send, request and receive payments from and to your friends.
Dan Schulman, group president, Enterprise Growth, American Express, says, “The way people exchange money is evolving, and so is Serve. We’re constantly working to bring our customers a seamless and consistent payment experience—one that makes sense for our increasingly social lives, whether that’s paying a friend back for movie tickets or sending someone money for your share of the vacation house—it can now be sent on Facebook.”
I believe that this will also provide competition to PayPal in terms of salaries paid out on a per-project basis, as there are over 800 million active users on Facebook, the social network is ripe for such an app to take off in a big way.
Next Story: Eye-Fi nets $20 million in funding exercise
- 2014-04-22 Research On Facebook Unfriending Impact
- 2014-04-22 WhatsApp Now Has Half A Billion Active Users
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Rumored To Launch Their Own Mobile Ad Network
- 2014-04-17 Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced