Motorola Atrix owners should keep a look out for an update notification on their phones starting today. While it’s not Ice Cream Sandwich, the update is said to bring some noticeable improvements to the phone. The update brings the Atrix build number up to 4.5.141 and implements the latest Google Android security fixes, improvements to memory function as it relates to media applications and ability to prevent need for rebooting when phone is impacted by heavy loading or high temperatures (improved stability).
It also lets you launch voice commands from a Bluetooth headset when the phone is asleep, improvements to WiFi settings and easier setup for Mobile Hotspot, improvements to text messaging, and all phone book contacts are kept after the upgrade. If you intend to install the update today, as usual – remember to backup all your important data. Bear in mind that the update is also said to break root access. Hit Settings > About Phone > System Updates to pull the update manually.
Next Story: AQUA TEK S is one rugged iPhone 4/4S case
- 2014-04-20: Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20: Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2012-07-10: Motorola Atrix HD official specs
- 2011-09-22: Motorola Atrix 2 caught in the wild again
- 2011-04-05: Motorola Xoom and Atrix sales are disappointing
- 2011-03-17: Motorola Atrix and Xoom rumored to land on Sprint
- 2011-01-24: Motorola Atrix 4G laptop dock to cost $150?