Motorola Atrix owners should keep a look out for an update notification on their phones starting today. While it’s not Ice Cream Sandwich, the update is said to bring some noticeable improvements to the phone. The update brings the Atrix build number up to 4.5.141 and implements the latest Google Android security fixes, improvements to memory function as it relates to media applications and ability to prevent need for rebooting when phone is impacted by heavy loading or high temperatures (improved stability).
It also lets you launch voice commands from a Bluetooth headset when the phone is asleep, improvements to WiFi settings and easier setup for Mobile Hotspot, improvements to text messaging, and all phone book contacts are kept after the upgrade. If you intend to install the update today, as usual – remember to backup all your important data. Bear in mind that the update is also said to break root access. Hit Settings > About Phone > System Updates to pull the update manually.
Next Story: AQUA TEK S is one rugged iPhone 4/4S case
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2012-07-10: Motorola Atrix HD official specs
- 2011-09-22: Motorola Atrix 2 caught in the wild again
- 2011-04-05: Motorola Xoom and Atrix sales are disappointing
- 2011-03-17: Motorola Atrix and Xoom rumored to land on Sprint
- 2011-01-24: Motorola Atrix 4G laptop dock to cost $150?