The horse’s mouth has spoken – the Motorola Droid 4 will be arriving on Verizon Wireless this coming February 10, where you can pick it up from a brick and mortar store or via the online channel. First introduced at CES earlier this year, The Motorola Droid 4 is insanely thin, and will come with a dual-core 1.2GHz processor running within. Find the virtual keyboard too hard to type with? Fret not, there is always the slide out five-row QWERTY keyboard with a PC-like layout and edge-lit keys that deliver fast, precise typing, never mind if the lights around you have been turned off. Expect Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread to ship with this smartphone, although the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will be on its way in due time.
Other hardware specifications include a 4″ qHD display with scratch and scrape resistant glass, government-grade encryption (FIPS 140-2) for email, calendar and contacts; preloaded with Citrix Receiver for Android, an 8-megapixel camera with 1080p HD video capture at the back, a front-facing camera for video calls, and the ability to function as a 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot that supports up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices. You can pick up the Droid 4 for $199.99 with a new 2-year contract. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2013-03-11: Verizon Might Offer Droid 4 Some Jelly Bean Goodness
- 2012-08-06: Motorola Droid 4 soak test for Ice Cream Sandwich happening?
- 2012-05-21: Verizon to enable global roaming for the HTC Rezound, Droid RAZR and DROID 4?
- 2012-05-17: Motorola Droid 4 Ice Cream Sandwich build leaked
- 2012-02-15: Motorola DROID 4 overclocked to 1.4GHz