Even though the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX on Verizon are pretty new devices, it looks like Verizon already has got some updates in store for the phone. According to an announcement on its support page, a new update that will bring the phones up to version 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US (the phones run on the same ROMs after all) will include a bunch of new features that improves the phones’ usability and experience.
The upcoming update includes: a fix for the Mobile Hotspot feature, improvements in Mobile Hotspot security, updated VZ Navigator, Visual Voice Mail updates, V Cast App preloaded on the phone, MotoCast installation steps simplified, improved stability of data connectivity after Airplane mode is disabled, improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G environments, improved battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile Bluetooth headsets, successfully save multimedia ringtones, favorites contact widget updated, improved device stability when moving between home screen panels, email icon updated, OTA updates show correct remaining download time and Commercial Mobile Alert Service feature has been added.
Expect the update to roll out in the near future, and we’ll keep you posted when it does.RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: Android, droid razr, Motorola, RAZR Maxx, Verizon,
- Seen at: cnet