Own a Motorola smartphone, and are wondering whether it will be on the receiving end of Google’s latest version of their Android operating system, better known as Ice Cream Sandwich? Well, Motorola has just released a timetable of their devices which will be getting the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update, breaking them down into three categories – rollout in Q2, rollout in Q3, and in Motorola’s own words, “Further details to follow”. Better late than never, I guess. Without much further ado, the devices that will experience Ice Cream Sandwich in Q2 would be the Xoom Wi-Fi only, RAZR, Xoom Family Edition, MT917, and XT928. As for those devices that will receive Ice Cream Sandwich in Q3, read on after the jump.
The Atrix 2, Atrix 4G, Photon 4G, Xoom 2, Xoom 2 Media Edition, Xyboard 8.2, and Xyboard 10.1 will get theirs by Q3, and the Droid 4, Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR, and Droid RAZR MAXX will fall under the “Further details to follow” category. Now that you know which devices are listed and which are not, it might be able to help you better plan out your next smartphone purchase.
Next Story: 3D printed glasses are the bomb at Fashion Week
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2012-10-09: Motorola Atrix 2 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update hits AT&T subscribers
- 2012-09-30: Motorola cancels Ice Cream Sandwich update for handful of devices
- 2012-08-20: Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 to receive Android 4.0.4 update
- 2012-06-04: Verizon's Motorola Xoom gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-05-17: Motorola Droid 4 Ice Cream Sandwich build leaked