While Microsoft’s next-generation has yet to be hinted or revealed, this has not stopped rumors of the console from floating about the internet. This has resulted in rumors that suggests the next-generation Xbox will feature 3D gaming, to even featuring a touch screen controller, much like Nintendo’s upcoming Wii U console. Well thanks to Kotaku’s multiple sources who are reportedly close to the next-generation Xbox project, we now know its code-name.
It has been revealed that Microsoft’s next-generation Xbox console will be given the code-name “Durango”. Thankfully that will remain a code-name and the console will most likely not be named that upon release. So far logical assumptions of the next Xbox’s name includes the Xbox 720, but we guess since there has yet to be any official information of any sort that all of this is subject to change and speculation until proven otherwise.
In the meantime, we suggest taking this with a grain of salt while we keep an eye out for “Durango” news and see if signs of the code-name pop up elsewhere in the future.
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2014-03-13: Microsoft Quietly Killed Off The Xbox 360 2-Year Contract Plans, Claims It Was An Experiment