Earlier this week NVIDIA and ZTE unveiled the world’s first smartphone that is powered by NVIDIA Tegra 2 and the NVIDIA Icera modem, the Mimosa X. And if you’re curious about Icera, you’re in luck. NVIDIA has announced that at MWC next week, it will be showing off the modem to its partners with demonstration of its VoLTE capability and multiplayer gaming over a live LTE network.
The modem demo will show off how the radio seamlessly switches between 3G and 4G, and important move “because it marks a significant step towards operators being able to move their voice traffic from 3G to LTE networks, allowing the 3G spectrum to be re-used for super-fast LTE technology.” The gaming over LTE demo will show how well the modem can perform over LTE, 3G and 2G when it comes to online gaming. We’ll be at MWC 2012 to give all the details, so stay tuned.
- 2014-03-25: NVIDIA Shield To Get Temporary Price Cut
- 2014-03-25: NVIDIA GTX Titan Z Has 5760 Cores
- 2014-03-25: NVIDIA Pascal Architecture Introduced
- 2014-03-24: NVIDIA Tegra 4i Powered Wiko WAX Smartphone Will Be Released Next Month
- 2014-03-20: Titanfall For PC To Get Better Graphics Thanks To NVIDIA And Respawn's Partnership
- 2012-02-08: NVIDIA to showcase Tegra 3 products at MWC 2012