Yesterday, we talked about a spanking new superphone from Panasonic that is more than able to withstand a few splashes of water, or even remaining submerged for some time. Known as the ELUGA, I cannot help but wonder whether a missing “B” in front was done on purpose, as belugas are also part of the underwater mammal family tree. There are those who are rather close to Panasonic, and have let loose their once pursed lips that apart from the ELUGA, the Japanese firm too, will be releasing a new premium Android-powered smartphone alongside. This handset has yet to be named at the moment, but we do know some concrete specifications such as not having an OLED display, but will rely on Panasonic’s own display technology instead. Apart from that, it will also leverage the imaging sensor experience that Panasonic currently enjoys thanks to their LUMIX line of digital cameras.
It would be interesting to see just what this mystery is able to bring to the table when released, and we can more or less expect an announcement to be made at Mobile World Congress later next week. What do you think Panasonic is up to with this mysterious handset?
Next Story: Balloon Camera offers a bird's eye view
- 2014-04-18 One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-03-24 Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10 Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09 Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09 Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon