Good news for those of you looking forward to pick up the AR.Drone 2.0 from Parrot. The company announced today that pre-orders for its next generation remote controlled quadrocopter will begin tomorrow and will be in stores by May. Improvements over the original AR.Done include an improved 720p HD camera, a new app for recording HD flight videos, an onboard USB port for easy video transfer, and of course – you still get compatibility with all the games released for the previous AR.Drone.
Users get improved controls for flying the AR.Drone 2, as well as the ability to easily perform stunts. The AR.Drone 2.0 can be pre-ordered from the Parrot website or in-store at Brookstone for $299 (MSRP) starting March 1st 2012. Anybody picking up one of these bad boys?
Next Story: Brain waves used to make disturbing music
- 2014-01-13: FAA Wants To Create Safety Guidelines For Drones
- 2014-01-05: Parrot Unveils MiniDrone And Jumping Sumo Robots
- 2013-12-04: SkyJack Drone Hacks And Gains Control Of Other Drones
- 2013-11-20: Parrot Announces Zik And AR.Drone 2.0 App Compatibility For Windows
- 2013-11-04: Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Announced
- 2013-01-06: Parrot AR. Drone Receives 'Flight Recorder', Bigger Battery And Games In 2013
- 2012-09-02: Parrot AR.Drone controlled using brain waves
- 2012-07-25: Parrot launches AR.Rescue 2 game for the AR.Drone 2.0
- 2012-03-09: Parrot AR.Drone made to work with video glasses and controller