Snow sports enthusiasts out there might be familiar with Recon Instruments’ HUD (Heads-Up Display) technology. Well for those who might have attended CES earlier this year, they might have caught wind of Recon Instruments’ announcement that they would be launching an SDK for a new HUD product based on Android, and if that sounded like music to your ears, the company will be demoing such a unit at MWC next week.
Like we said, this SDK will be based on Android which will allow developers the opportunity to develop apps for the snow sports crowd. Heck, if you were a developer who so happens to be a snow sports enthusiast, you could even develop apps for your own HUD to display the information that you want! At the moment Recon Instruments are working with partners such as Polar and Contour to bring third party apps to the HUD.
Recon Instruments has also mentioned that users who sync their MOD Live with their smartphones via Recon’s free HQ Mobile app will be able to access their playlists, view and share run stats, view incoming calls and even display text messages on the HUD. Recon’s MOD Live is currently available for $399.99 and will work with Uvex, Briko, Zeal Optics, Alpina, and Scott and Smith brand “Recon Ready” glasses.
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe