Whether you’re a fan of Macs or not, there’s no doubt that Apple made a significant impact in the world of mobile computing when it released the MacBook Air. Premium, ultrathin notebooks that could perform well and last long longer than a couple of hours unplugged weren’t exactly common back then. The MacBook Air set the benchmark for what would become known as ultrabooks now. Well, if rumors prove to be true, Apple are about to do the same thing again with their new MacBook Pro notebooks.
According to AppleInsider’s sources, Apple plans to give their MacBook Pros a total overhaul with a MacBook Air treatment. The upcoming MacBook Pro notebooks are said to resemble the MacBook Air more than their current iterations. Apple is said to be revamping its 15″ lineup first and then its 17″ lineup shortly after. Can Apple create thinner and more powerful MacBook Pros while keeping them at the same price point as the current models? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. But if Apple does manage to pull it off, PC notebook manufacturers have got some serious competition on their hands.
Next Story: Ubergizmo, now on Yahoo Livestand
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-03-26 More Workplaces Starting To Use Mac Computers [Survey]
- 2014-03-24 Google Now Lands On Chrome For Windows And Mac
- 2014-03-17 OneNote App For Mac From Microsoft
- 2014-03-13 Titanfall For Mac Is A Possibility, Respawn Discussing It With Aspyr
- 2013-06-09 WWDC 2013 Announcements: Speculation And Rumor Roundup
- 2013-05-19 MacBook Air Supply Short Fall Rumored Prior To WWDC 2013
- 2013-04-29 MacBook Pro, MacBook Air Could Be Refreshed During WWDC 2013 [Analyst]
- 2013-03-20 Modbook Pro Brings Us The iPad We've Wanted All Along
- 2011-08-22 Apple planning a new Mac computer?