Driving in the city usually isn’t a pleasant experience. Due to the city being the hub for major shopping outlets, businesses, restaurants and etc, traffic tends to be congested and most of the time you end up burning fuel unnecessarily. The good news is if you’re a resident of London, or if you’re planning to take a trip down for the 2012 London Olympics, you might be interested in checking out the Renault Fluence Z.E which will be the city’s first zero-emission cab as part of their plan to go green.
These taxis will be operated by eco cab company ClimateCars who have recently added the Renault Fluence Z.E.s to their fleet. The company has previously offered low carbon/hybrid vehicles in the past, which makes the Fluence Z.E.s the company’s first electric vehicle offering. These cabs will be powered by a 94hp electric motor and will feature a range of 115 miles on a single charge, and to encourage the adoption and usage of electric vehicles, the Renault Fluence Z.E. cab will be charging the same fare as normal cabs in London.
- 2014-02-07: Renault's Kwid Concept Car, With A Built-In Drone
- 2013-04-26: Twizy Renault Sport F1 Concept
- 2013-04-08: Renault Concept Car Boasts Of Neon LED Cocoon
- 2012-02-02: Renault Fluence Z.E. is London's first zero-emission cab
- 2011-12-09: Renault unveils R-Link tablet for cars
- 2011-05-16: Renault Twizy electric car starts to receive online reservations