Roku is pleased to announce that they have rolled out a new update for their Roku remote iOS app, where this update will bump up the version number to 1.1. Roku says, “You asked — we listened.” Well, let us see just how well Roku has listened to their users. It seems that this update features a more traditional layout that sports “D pad” buttons alongside shortcuts for Netflix, Pandora and Crackle. Basically, this means your favorite channels will always be within reach – a click away, so to speak. As for the other minor changes, we are looking at improved device discovery, tips popping up from time to time in case the app does not see your Roku player, and better loading time amng others. The Roku remote for iOS app is available as a free download over at the iTune App Store. We also know that an Android version is already in the pipeline, so Android device owners, be patient for a little while longer!
Next Story: Nook Touch gets fast refresh hack
- 2014-03-28: Roku CEO Calls The Apple TV A "Money Loser" For Apple
- 2014-03-27: Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI Version) Now Shipping For $49.99
- 2014-03-24: Yahoo Screen Now On Roku
- 2014-03-04: New Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI Version) Announced
- 2014-01-05: Roku TV Introduced