Aldebaran Robotics – the folks behind the NAO robot have been working on a robot project called Romeo for some time now, and it looks like they’re almost ready to show it off to the world. For those of you who aren’t familiar, the Romeo robot is a humanoid robot designed to be a comprehensive assistant for persons suffering from loss of autonomy. If people need help when it comes to tasks opening/closing doors, grabbing a bottle or a bunch of keys – Romeo is the robot for the job.
The company behind Romeo recently put up a video on YouTube showing the robot talking to the camera and greeting the audience. While it’s nothing too impressive and it doesn’t demonstrate any of its true skills, the Romeo robot ends his greeting with a: “2012 will be a great year because I will soon be able to join and work with you.” – so we shouldn’t have to wait too long before we see it in action. Check out the greeting video above.
- 2014-04-17: New Honda ASIMO Displays More Human-like Movement
- 2014-04-17: ‘Dalek’ Machine Patches Potholes In 2 Minutes
- 2014-04-16: $250 Wheelchair Transformed Into Johnny Five Geo-Positioning Robot
- 2014-04-11: Drones That Recharge Themselves On Power Lines
- 2014-04-07: Drone Crashes Into Athlete, Investigation Launched