Digitimes has proven to be the source of hit and miss rumors, but that does not mean they cannot be reaped for interesting snippets of news. Word on the street has it that the iPad 3 launch is not going to be a lonely one, as there are whispers going around that Apple is also lining up a 7.85″ iPad. This mythical device is said to enter mass production sometime in Q3 this year. Such news would certainly make tablet manufacturers from the Android front quake and shiver, simply because at this point in time, the 7″ tablet market is truly dominated by Android. To see Apple, the company that is worth more than Poland itself, dip their fingers (or should I say tentacles) in this particular market segment, would certainly send the alarm bells ringing. Word has it that the 7.85″ iPad will be priced at around $249 to $299, in addition to the other rumor of an 8GB iPad 2 coming your way for $349 to $399 a pop. Do you think such an iPad size would make it big in the market?
Next Story: HTC One X to launch on Sprint and T-Mobile
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]