Unless you buy yourself a Vertu or Gresso phone, chances of you bumping into someone else using the same phone as you is pretty high, and with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus being a pretty popular phone these days, how can you set yourself apart? Now we know that having a unique device or standing out from the crowd isn’t really a high priority for some, but if you’re interested in customizing your Galaxy Nexus, this Indiegogo (something like Kickstarter) project that offers custom laser etched battery doors might be worth checking out.
Basically for a price of $30, you will be able to choose from a range of 5 different designs for your GSM/CDMA stock battery door. However if you are willing to pay a bit more money, for $45 you will be able to get a customized design. The caveat is that no copyright material can be used, it can’t be too detailed and it will have to be 2”x2” in size. For Galaxy Nexus owners with the extended battery, fret not as the battery doors will be offered for both stock and extended batteries.
At the moment the project has managed to raise double the amount that they have set for themselves, so for more information or if you’d like to place an order, pop on over to its Indiegogo page.
Next Story: Portal clone being developed for Android
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2013-12-05: Galaxy Nexus CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat Stable Unofficial ROM Released
- 2013-02-28: Verizon Galaxy Nexus In Line For Update
- 2013-01-09: Trade In Value Of A Broken iPhone 4S Is Apparently The Same As A Near-Mint Galaxy S2
- 2012-10-11: Samsung Galaxy Nexus sales ban reversed by appeals court
- 2012-09-26: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean factory image from Google directly