While the Samsung Galaxy S3 will be a no-show at MWC 2012, we do know that the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S Advance is also set to fly the Galaxy banner high on behalf of Samsung. Already pictured in the Philippines, it will retail for around $535 after conversion – and I believe that this is the price point attached to an unlocked phone, free from any contracts and anything of that sort. Tipped to make an appearance at MWC later this month, it is also speculated to arrive in the Philippines, at least, at approximately the same time.
Also known as the Samsung I9070 if model numbers are your thing, this seems to be the love child of the Samsung Galaxy S and the Samsung Galaxy S2. Boasting a curved display makes it slightly different from the rest of the crowd, but the thickness of 9.7mm does make it somewhat unwieldy when you compare it to the extremely svelte Galaxy S2. Hardware specifications include a curved Gorilla Glass 4″ Super AMOLED display at WVGA resolution, a dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 processor, a 5-megapixel shooter located at the back which is capable of 720p video recording, and Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread as the operating system of choice.
Next Story: Tokyo train station ad has eyes that follow you
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display