The Samsung Galaxy S3, much like the iPad 3 and iPhone 5, is a highly anticipated device as far as 2012 is concerned. Its predecessors the Samsung Galaxy S and the Galaxy S2 have done extremely well for themselves, which means that a lot is riding on the Galaxy S3 to perform just as well, if not better. While the device has yet to be officially announced, thanks to a UAProf (user agent profile) posted by Samsung, it has been revealed that the Samsung Galaxy S3 could come without a HD display – either that or we are looking at another device entirely.
According to the UAProf, the Samsung GT-I9300 appears to be sporting a display with a resolution of 1024×600 which is almost a 16:9 aspect ratio and mirrors the pixel count found on the Galaxy Tab 7 Plus and the Galaxy Tab 2, which has many wondering if it is possible that Samsung will be omitting a HD display for their upcoming flagship device, especially since their “older” models like the Galaxy Nexus features a higher resolution at 1280×720.
However it should be noted that the information on the UAProf is probably not finalized and could have been written in error on purpose to throw us off. After all Samsung had “mistakenly” listed the Galaxy Nexus’s display as 800×480 WVGA in the past, so based on that we are hoping that Samsung probably just doesn’t want to divulge all their secrets until the Samsung Galaxy S3’s launch approaches. In the mean time we suggest you guys don’t get too bummed out yet, at least not until the information can be confirmed.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-13 Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17 Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21 Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March