The Samsung Infuse 4G might have been out for awhile, and so has Android Gingerbread, but it looks like today the two finally get to meet (officially). While custom Gingerbread ROMs have already been out for awhile, AT&T has announced today that the official Gingerbread update for the Infuse 4G will start rolling out. The update brings the phone up to Android 2.3.6, which should keep people happy until an Ice Cream Sandwich update is released (if it does arrive).
The Infuse 4G Gingerbread update includes improved copy and paste functionality, redesigned multi-touch software keyboard, download manager for long running HTTP downloads, improved power management and app control, flight mode added and silent removed, new font options, Traffic widget, menu changes, new apps and more. The promotional preloaded Angry Birds has also been removed, so you’ll need to redownload it from the Market and start again.
Unfortunately the link to the Samsung page to download the update hasn’t gone live yet, but you can keep checking back to see when it finally does.RELATED
- Samsung Could Be Looking To Bring Android 4.4 KitKat To Older Devices
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Follow: Android, gingerbread, infuse 4g, Samsung,
- Seen at: androidcentral