Since Samsung already supplies RAM to the world, why not dive into the world of memory cards? They have just announced a spanking new range of advanced SD and microSD cards that will target digital imaging and mobile devices. The total headcount of newcomers to the scene? We are looking at seven new models, and these SD and microSD memory cards will be part of the High Speed Series or the Plus Extreme Speed Series. Want to know just how they perform? Both of them deliver up to 24MB/sec read speeds , as long as they are of at least 4GB in capacity.
Built with “Best in Class” performance in mind, Samsung’s new range of SD and microSD cards are touted to be “beautiful”, coming in a brushed metal design. I concur with that observation, as traditional black plastic does not quite cut the mustard anymore these days. With up to 24MB/sec read speeds, theoretically, you are able to 1GB of images in as little as 42 seconds. They are also waterproof, shockproof, and magnet proof to increase the chances of survival even when your device gets abused (by design or accident, that is another story altogether). Just don’t leave it soaked in the water for more than 24 hours.
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2013-10-11: Samsung SSD EVO 250GB And 750GB Review
- 2013-07-17: Samsung XS1715 SSD Monster: 740000 IOPS, 3000MB/s and 1.6TB Capacity
- 2013-07-17: Samsung SSD 840 EVO Reaches 1TB Capacity
- 2012-04-05: Samsung outs Ultra High Speed-1 microSD cards
- 2009-10-16: Samsung Plus memory cards coming your way