For those of you who are still harboring hopes of Samsung announcing a new major device at MWC 2012, it looks like it’s time to put those hopes to rest. The folks over at PCMag.com received confirmation via email from Samsung that it won’t be hosting any press conferences at the Mobile World Congress this year. While the Korean electronics manufacturer will be around to showcase its products, it won’t be holding anything on the big stage – which means we won’t be seeing any major products from them (i.e. flagship devices) at the event.
We’ve previously reported about Samsung delaying the announcement of the Galaxy S3, so it’s no surprise but I guess this piece of new information confirms the fact. Samsung is well-known for its flashy MWC announcement so it’ll be interesting to see how this year’s event will turn out. Maybe another company will pick up the torch instead? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
Next Story: iRobot Warrior to go on sale this year
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2012-02-28: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Preview
- 2012-02-28: Galaxy Note 10.1 Preview
- 2012-02-27: Samsung Galaxy Beam demonstrated on video
- 2012-02-26: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is official
- 2012-02-26: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with larger 10.1" display announced