According to reports online, Samsung, the world’s largest manufacturer of LCD displays, isn’t worried about Apple’s rumored foray into the television business. According to a recent interview with Samsung’s AV product manager, Chris Moseley, Samsung isn’t batting an eyelid because they have not seen what Apple has done and that they have 10,000 people in R&D in the vision category. Samsung believes that superior picture quality is going to be the reason why Apple isn’t going to make a dent in its TV market.
“TVs are ultimately about picture quality. Ultimately. How smart they are…great, but let’s face it that’s a secondary consideration. The ultimate is about picture quality and there is no way that anyone, new or old, can come along this year or next year and beat us on picture quality. So, from that perspective, it’s not a great concern but it remains to be seen what they’re going to come out with, if anything.”
It sure sounds like Samsung is resting too comfortably on its laurels, which is a bad thing if they think they can remain on top without even trying. After all nobody thought Apple was going to make such an impact with its iPhone when it was first announced back then – look where it’s at now. To be fair, there’s nothing concrete about Apple’s “iTV” either, so that has yet to be determined. But Samsung better hope they have an answer if something impressive turns up. What do you think?
Next Story: Google to expand its headquarters
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2013-12-23: Samsung 2014 Smart TVs Will Get Enhanced Features
- 2013-04-19: Samsung Evolution Kit To Transform Smart TV Experience in South Korea
- 2013-03-20: Samsung Evolution Kit Upgrades Your 2012 Smart TV In May For $300
- 2013-01-28: Samsung Smart TV, Blu-ray Verizon FiOS TV App Updated With 75 Live Channels
- 2013-01-02: Samsung Evolves 2012 Smart TVs Into Current Models With Evolution Kit