As the days draw closer to the eventual announcement of the iPad 3, more details about what components will be found in the iOS tablet are starting to surface. Last week there was leaked info about the iPad 3′s screen and today, we’ve got more details about it. According to reports online, the LCD panel features mounting screw holes on the back plate, similar to those found on Sharp’s high-resolution LCD panels. If it turns out to be true, it looks like we’ll be seeing Sharp’s 2,048 x 1,536 resolution display on the iPad 3.
The iPad 3 is also said to be slightly thicker – gaining 1mm in profile, to make space for new components and a bigger battery as well as a dual-LED backlight system. There are also hints at an upgraded camera lens and sensor though it is said to be indistinguishable from the iPad 2 when viewed from the outside. With the iPad 2 camera being less than stellar, an upgraded camera on the iPad 3 seems like a logical improvement. Expect the iPad 3 to have, at the very least, the photography capabilities of the iPhone 4S.
The iPad 3 is expected to be launched in the first week of March, so it won’t be too long until we find out more (assuming the predicted date is correct). Hit the source link for more leaked images.
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13 Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2012-01-19 iPad 2S/iPad 3 cases go on sale
- 2011-12-23 iPad 3 to be launched on Steve Jobs' birthday?
- 2011-11-18 Rumors about the new iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro surface
- 2011-11-15 LG rumored to be building displays for 4" iPhone and 7.35" iPad
- 2011-11-03 Apple rumored to release two iPad tablets next year