We all know that Skype is a pretty popular VOIP/instant messaging service, but do you know how many people use it? At least 32 million. According to an announcement from Skype, the company passed a new milestone yesterday when it had 32 million people signed onto its service at the same time. No mention of how many people were video calling at the same time, or how many were logged in but idle, but nevertheless it’s still a pretty impressive figure. That’s like saying 0.45% of the world was on Skype at the same time (with the world’s population approximately at 7 billion). How many of you contributed to Skype’s milestone yesterday?
Next Story: Google Chrome to feature "Do Not Track" button
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-14 Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10 Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08 Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02 Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2012-02-27 Skype: 34 million people online