Now is this the longest name for a smartphone, or what? The Sony Ericsson Xperia active Billabong Edition is certainly a mouthful, but when you see the name Billabong emblazoned across it, you know for sure that those leading an active lifestyle would be the target market of Sony Ericsson. Specially designed “with extreme sports enthusiasts in mind,” this phone will come pre-loaded with exclusive wallpapers in addition to other mobile content, not to mention the Billabong Surf Trip game that was specially developed for the Xperia Play PlayStation phone.
On the inside, it is actually a branded version of the current Sony Ericsson Xperia active, sporting IP67 certification that makes it resistant to dust and water. There is also “wet finger tracking” technology which allows you to play nice with its 3″ touchscreen display even when your fingers are not the driest in the world. Scratch resistant does not mean you can use it to cut another diamond though, but at least it can survive more knocks and scratches than most other standard handsets in the market today. Other hardware specifications include a 5-megapixel camera, an integrated FM radio with RDS, Timescape, DLNA support, Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine, and Google’s Android operating system.
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones