It looks like one of Sony’s upcoming phones is going to be named the Xperia Sola. How do we know? Well, the company recently filed a trademark application of the aforementioned name with the US Patent and Trademark Office. According to reports, the application refers to “mobile phones and accessories” so that much we’re certain of. Other than that, no additional details have been revealed so there’s no way of telling if it’s going to be the final name of one of the previously leaked Sony devices, or it’s something brand new that we’ve never seen before.
Perhaps, a solar powered smartphone? I guess we’ll just have to wait for MWC in a few weeks to find out more.
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2012-09-24: Floating touch enabled throughout the Sony Xperia sola via app
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-04-11: Sony Xperia Sola hits the FCC
- 2012-03-15: Sony Xperia Sola hands-on
- 2012-03-14: How floating touch technology works