Interested in knowing what the next Sony Xperia Play phone is going to look like? Turns out we might have a clue – if these surfaced renders are anything close to what Sony has in store for us when the phone is announced/released. The folks over at Concept-phones.com have managed to get their hands on what is said to be a render of the Sony Xperia 2. The phone is said to feature a 4.3″ (720 x 1280) display, a 1.5GHz dual-core S4 Snapdragon processor, an 8.1-megapixel rear camera with LED flash.
At the moment there’s no way of telling if this is a real render, but some things don’t make sense – like the transparent strip (found in the Xperia S) which would be covered by the display when the device is closed, and the presence of capacitive buttons (since Ice Cream Sandwich doesn’t need them anymore). However, the capacitive buttons can be overlooked since some manufacturers have chosen to include them in newer devices – after all the phone might launch with Gingerbread first.
But other than that, the phone does look pretty sweet. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if this is the real deal. What do you think?
Next Story: Diablo 3 release date leaked?
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2012-05-24: No Android 4.0 update for the Sony Xperia Play?
- 2012-03-30: Sony Xperia Play gets Ice Cream Sandwich beta
- 2011-06-27: Xperia Play Review
- 2011-04-01: Full Lineup of Xperia Play Games Unveiled, Global Launch Imminent
- 2011-03-31: PlayStation Games for Xperia Play Show Up in Android Market