We will be on the showfloor over at Mobile World Congress that will kick off next week, and we do hope to be able to bring you a plethora of news on smartphones as well as tablets – basically, things that are guaranteed to send your pulse racing the moment you lay your eyes on them and see what they are capable of. Sony has been rolling out Android-powered smartphones for quite some time already (under the Sony Ericsson banner before they parted ways), so it is refreshing to hear of whispers that the Japanese company might be applying the adage of not putting all of their eggs in a single basket – that is, by introducing a new Windows Phone handset at the upcoming MWC in Barcelona.
Sources close to Sony claim that MWC is the platform for Sony to make such an announcement, although this handset will retain its slider form factor that was spotted sometime last year, with some folks calling it “Julie”. Just how do you think Sony will fare by diversifying their smartphone range to cater for two camps? I do not think it will hurt them in any way. In fact, if Sony gets it right this time, it could prove to be just the shot in the arm that the company needs.
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-08 Sony Windows Phone Device Expected This July
- 2014-02-07 Sony Hints At Possible Windows Phone Device
- 2014-01-10 Sony Could Develop Windows Phone Handsets In The Future
- 2013-12-31 Sony Expected To Launch Windows Phone Smartphone In 2014
- 2012-11-19 Sony reaffirms that they have no plans for a Windows Phone handset