“You’ve got mail” has proved to be one of the more popular notifications, whether it is said out aloud, or comes in the form of a special beep or ding on your smartphone, tablet, desktop or notebook. Well, that is nice and good, but how about taking things a little bit further if you absolutely cannot bear to not reply an email (or check it out) even when you are lying right there on your bed, being “married” to a job that demands 110% of you? Grant Gibson of Glasgow, UK, has the answer the form of a modified Space Invaders alarm clock that has been transformed into a Gmail notifier. Each time a new email enters his inbox, the clock will move from side to side and perform the classic Space Invaders sound, followed by an LED lighting up. If you are interested in making one for yourself, the instructions are available over at his website.
Next Story: Google and Facebook remove content in India
- 2014-04-02: Gmail For Android Screenshots Hint At Possible New Interface
- 2014-04-01: Gmail Celebrates Its 10th Anniversary Today
- 2014-03-31: Gmail Shelfie Another April Fool’s Attempt
- 2014-03-26: Google Denies Allegations Of Gmail Snooping To Weed Out Leaker
- 2014-03-25: Gmail Experiment Shows Promotional Emails As Ads