Sprint Nexus S 4G owners, if you have been eagerly anticipating the release of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for your handset, it looks like the wait is over! According to the screenshot above, it seems that Sprint might have accidentally leaked the date of the Android 4.0 update rollout, which we guess doesn’t really matter as it has been set for the 16th of February, which is today!
The Android 4.0 update was leaked some time back in January, and based on the reports of users who managed to flash it to their phones before it was pulled revealed that this seemed like the final build, which suggested that the actual and official update would be launching in due time. While Sprint has not actually commented on the release date, we guess the screenshot above will have to suffice.
Since we do not own Sprint’s Nexus S 4G, we can’t really confirm whether the update has begun rolling out, and if it has it will most likely be rolled out in stages so fret not if you have not received the notification to update your device. In the mean time, any Sprint Nexus S 4G owners out there who can confirm that the update is indeed being pushed to their phones?
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2012-04-05: Sprint Nexus S 4G receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-01-31: Sprint Nexus S 4G official Android 4.0 ROM leaked
- 2011-09-21: Google Wallet still not available to everyone
- 2011-04-26: Samsung Nexus 4G arriving on May 8
- 2011-04-21: Sprint Motorola Xoom and Nexus S 4G arriving in early May?