Facebook has got more than 850 million registered users in their database, and what kind of numbers does micro blogging site Twitter ring up? We have just been informed that the 500 million registered user barrier was broken – at least according to Twitter statistics site Twopcharts who claims that the current user base is over 500,600,000 users – and growing, of course. Twitter has remained mum on the situation concerning the milestone, and even more important would be the number of active users and not just registered ones. According to Twopcharts, “only Twitter can tell what the exact number is, and how often people log into the system.”
Right now, industry analysts estimate that around 20% to 25% of each 100,000 new accounts created end up as active, and out of that group, only 10% will actually post tweets – I am not quite sure that the rest do with their Twitter account though – just to access some website or service, or to stalk their ex?
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest
- 2014-04-14: US Airways Tweets Apology To Customer
- 2014-04-14: Girl Tweets Mock Threat At American Airlines, Gets Arrested
- 2014-04-13: “Ellen Seflie” Now A Painting At Twitter HQ